Driving in the EU

The Department of Transport (DfT) has issued a clarification update.

If you have a British driving licence you do not need an international driving permit (IDP) to visit and drive in the EU. 

However if you live in the European Union, you will not be able to renew your driving licence in the UK.  It is suggested by the DfT that you consider exchanging your UK driving licence for an EU licence as soon as possible in line with specific advice for your country of residence.#####

A full list of European countries and their requirements is given here, and this includes Norway and Switzerland.

"Travel News Update" is produced by the Business Travel News team | PAGE 1 PAGE 2